![]() |
"The Thinker" - Auguste Rodin |
Questions.
Everyone has them, and no one seems to have the answer. And when I say questions I mean the real questions, the one's that used to keep us up at night, and the ones that still keep us up at night. Or at least they used to keep us up at night. Now we're all too busy drowning ourselves in sleeping pills and Tylenol p.m. Although it seems it's not for sleep anymore and is more so to ensure that our minds don’t wander anywhere we’d prefer they didn’t.In this journal I'll ask the many questions I see (or rather think) people ask themselves, and I'll do so in a manner that I hope won't be too ignorant or arrogant. I’ll also ask questions people don’t want to ask, the questions some might get mad at me for asking. I'll try to see at least two sides to every question and if I don't than please, feel free to send me an angry letter in all caps. I say this because I am forever looking for something new to hang over my mantle piece. The picture of the panda that's hanging there is getting awfully boring to stare at.
On those days, those rare and sweet days I'll talk about the things I love in society, the things that make me smile from one side of my face to the other. As even the most cynical and critical of us are guilty of finding themselves (on occasion) loving and cherishing things unconditionally.
You might be thinking "Who are you to do this?"
It is my belief that I might be the worst person to do this; I’m seventeen
still a boy on the cusp of manhood and a life of real responsibility. One day
I'll be pushed and shoved outside the safety that is the horribly mundane lifestyle
of a high-school student. However as it stands I'm still safely secure in the
womb of this faux society I find myself more or less trapped in. Again I am no
man, simply a boy, although I strive to be responsible and am forever fighting
myself to make the right choice. I am no intellectual, although I'm always
seeking for what I believe to be the truest. As I accept there are
not many universal truths. I'm heavily biased, although I'm always trying to
see the many opinions that go along with every question. I have lived a
sheltered life, but yet I have still seen my fair share of wrongs and
injustices been committed. If you think I have no right or am not well informed
enough to judge others or ask real questions, then, well, I find myself
agreeing. However I am a boy who belongs to a society whose very nature it is to
judge with ignorance and ask existential questions. So as a boy who is part of
our wonderful and critical species, I will judge, and I will ask deep questions
that used to keep me up at night and still (begrudgingly) keep me up at night.
It is my sincerest hope that in spewing my deepest ideas out onto this screen
that you will be forced to contemplate your own personal beliefs. Maybe your
beliefs will change, maybe I’ll make you less certain about your beliefs and
maybe I’ll make you find more truth to your own beliefs. Or maybe you’ll just
enjoy what I have to say. Or maybe you won't. In the chance that you find my
blog less than satisfactory I would please ask you to leave a comment on my
blog detailing the faults you see in my writing.

No comments:
Post a Comment