Sunday, January 6, 2013

Is the age of information detromential or is it positve?

 Usally, I try and look for the good in everything, but if you've seen a common theme in my poast so far it's that I usaly focus on the bad, maybe out of nature, maybe out of force of habit, I suppose that's a thought for another day. But this is all besdies the point.

If your on this blog, your clearly a subject of the infomration age. I've been thinking, or rather pondering about wheter or not the age of information is helping us in our development as a people. Being someone who is naturallt very critcal or cynical depedning on who you ask, I beleive that the age of information or technoology is overall a source of good, though I still feel like it's hurting us in many ways. I've hearsd some would call the changes evoloution I've also heard others would call it de-evoloution. Like every argument, or atleast most arguments this subject is rather gray. I say this because firstly it takes or rather eats up so much of our time, ever since

 I really discoverd the internet I spend just about as many hours awake as I do on a computer screen. And for the record I hate it, I despise it, and I truly am trying to get myself unglued from the screen. One summer when I was about 12, I really was addicted to useing the computer, I must have spent more time online then in bed, it was hurrendous, I flet hurrednous, depressed even. My parents had an intervention, rather silly when you think about it, an intervention for seeping up too much information.

Don't get me wrong, I love the internet, it's just our rleationship is complicated. If I spend too much time with Misses Internet she gets me hooked, and I can't let go. I suppose I have a rather addictive personality. And when I'm down hanging aroun with her and I'm about to head off to bed all I can think of is all the great things I could have done instead of be with her. I want to break up with her, I want to end it, but it's like I see her everyday, I need her, she knows me so well, everyone excpects for you to see her and everyone would just plain think your weird if you don't see her.



http://www.biprofessional.com/2010/07/privacy-in-the-information-age/

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-01-23/news/30655691_1_kodak-wolves-innovations

http://serenkoo.com/blog/?p=35

No comments:

Post a Comment